« Solved: Missing RSS Subscribers | Main | Evernote + Blackberry now fully functional in NZ »
Monday
May182009

Odd RSS Subscriber Stats

Update: dilemna solved

I am not quite sure what is going on with the statistics for the RSS feed I maintain through Google's Feedburner service.

However, as you can see from the graph, my reported subscriber numbers declined from 50 to 30 at the very point I moved GavinKnight.com from being hosted by Google's Blogger service to Squarespace.

I could understand the subscriber numbers for this feed steadily reducing over time as people move to the RSS feed(s) hosted directly here at GavinKnight.com - but a sudden decrease makes me suspicious that somehow Google inflate the numbers for their own service. Can you shed any light on what is going on here?

By way of context, I now provide the following RSS feeds hosted directly here at GavinKnight.com:

I will also continue to provide the following feeds through Google's Feedburner service:

I previously provided RSS feeds for each of my main topic areas, but decided to close those down when I moved my hosting to Squarespace.

References (1)

References allow you to track sources for this article, as well as articles that were written in response to this article.

Reader Comments

There are no comments for this journal entry. To create a new comment, use the form below.

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.

My response is on my own website »
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
Post:
 
Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>